July 20, 2015

SELAMAT HARI RAYA 2015


Hey guys! Today is the third day of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri, and the second day of Istana open house at Istana Nurul Iman in Brunei. My main reason for staying longer in this peaceful country is to witness how people celebrates this festive season and to experience of getting inside the "real palace" as I heard from some people here that the royal family is conducting a 3-day Istana open house every year for the celebration which gives the locals and foreigners from all over the world an opportunity to meet and greet the Majesties and other royal family members. This time I feel lucky and grateful to be one of the visitors! Yahooo!!!

I and my girlfriends went together at the Istana at 6:00 o'clock in the morning. We're lucky enough to get a good parking space just a short distance from the palace's gate. That moment along with us were hundreds of people who have waited for the gate to open. Few minutes had passed and we were finally permitted to enter. Shuttle buses were ready to pick-up visitors from the gate and drove to the venue. Upon arriving at the banquet hall which is the first venue, the security officers welcomed us with warm smiles and greetings. We proceed to an area where delicious food was served. My favorite dishes were the kwehs. The staff was approachable and friendly too.

After having breakfast we then proceed to another hall where I think thousand of seats were prepared for the visitors as we wait for the right time to greet the royal family. What I've seen at that moment were truly amazing. Have you noticed my claim stub's background? Yes, the golden wall. The floral arrangement around made the hall look more fascinating.

We went to the lower floor where the beautiful scenery is in front of me. There were blue beautiful fountains in every side of the walkway, the red carpet is everywhere as we walked heading to the next hall where the well-wishers/visitors will have the opportunity for a close encounter and greet the royal family. Males and females were separated. Male visitors will meet and greet His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzadin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, and other male royal members in a room/hall. In another room/hall, female visitors (including me) will meet and greet Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam, and other female royal members.

My close encounter with the royal family most especially with the queen was such a great privilege and a remarkable event in my life which I can never forget. Is there any happy event in your life that you also want to share? Feel free to share it in the comment box below. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Good night guys!









With the warm embrace,

Janeth

No comments:

Post a Comment